Those of you who have read my blog before are aware I have done this previously too. There is a group that I joined just over 6 months ago for the first set of goals. The aim is to set ourselves goals and aims to achieve over the next 6 months that go some way to improving the quality of our life. We all share experiences, support and sometimes when needed a little constructive criticism.
I really enjoyed the last 6 months and feel I achieved a lot that I had set out to so it was a no brainer to start again for another 6 months with new goals.
This time I’ve set out my goals for what I want at the end of the 6 months and have broke them all down into monthly goals.
As of yet I’ve not drawn up my blog and career goals simply because I really want to have a huge focus on my home life and health this time. So I will update with those goals later this week.
I have wrote one primary focus down for October and will be using the tracker supplied in the new Carpe Diem. Each month I will chose a different high focus area to work on. I want to try and instill a habit over the 30 days so a tracker becomes unnecessary.
So let’s have a look at my goals;
1) Be More Positive – This is a big one. I always think I am positive but I admit lately it’s to easy to get bogged down and not appreciate things that perhaps I should. My aim here to to write down every single day at least 1 positive thing.
2) Lose 2 stone and eat better – Over the last 6 months I haven’t been as good as I should have. I really want to shift the weight. This breaks down to 4lb a month, 1lb a week so I feel it’s achievable. My eating habits have started to slip back into snacky eating too so I need to reign it back in.
3) Organise The Paperwork – Given how organised I am in every area of my life this is one area I am not. I have 3 months if not more of filing to catch up on. I must get this done and a system in place.
4) Be More Financially Responsible – The biggest part of this is to stop emotionally spending. I also want to start paying more off my credit card each month to reduce this right down. With Birthdays and Christmas over these 6 months I need to spend much better than I do.
5) Have A Better Home Life – This is quite broad but covers things such as: more time offline, more time as a family, date nights, sorting Alexis’s bedtime routine out again. Everything that has been not great over the last 6 months needs improving.
That’s it for my main goals. I may have only 5 but there are some biggies in there.
As you can see from the page below I have wrote these out and put them into my planner along with the monthly focus tasks.
UKPA although set out originally as a planner group is about so much more. The help and support from this group of people is massive.
To follow some of the other ladies journey’s please have a read of these blogs:)
If you think you could benefit from this feel free to email me at [email protected] or drop a comment below and I’ll gladly gwt you involved.
Thanks for reading.
The Stationery Geekette x