Hey Everyone and welcome to this weeks Study Series.
This week I will be sharing with you my top 10 tips for getting started on any academic task.
- Improve Your Study Environment. You do this by reducing noie, keeping the area tidy and if neccessary move location. (I often take myself out of the house to a cafe or somewhere as it improves my focus).
- Avoid Distractions. Keeping your phone on silent, disable email notifications and avoid busy places.
- Work In Short Bursts. Taking regular breaks can help keep your concentration at a maximum.
- Find A Way To Start. You could start with a small task, as long as you get started it will provide motivation to get started on that bigger task.
- Focus On The Positive. Are there aspects of doing the work you really enjoy such as research, experiements etc focus on those parts.
- Write Freely. Use bullet points, graphs, brain maps. Utilise word processing software and the ability to copy and paste to edit documents.
- Breakdown Tasks. Large tasks can often feel unmangable, breaking down tasks into smaller chunks can help.
- Work Alongside Others. Mutual encouragement can help motivate. Having others to discuss things can also help with understanding topic of problem areas.
- Ask For Help. Don’t be afraid to ask for any help if you need it.
- Try Not To Be A Perfectionist. Sometimes it is easy to get to caught up in how your work appears, whether or not it’s perfect to you. Trying your best is always a good thing but at times we push ourselves to a standard that is more than expected.
You can find the other posts in the series here.
Thank you for reading.
The Stationery Geekette x